Understanding Your Civil Rights
Your Rights Under the U.S. Constitution
When your civil rights have been violated in an act of police misconduct or police brutality, you have a right to seek compensation. An experienced Chicago civil rights attorney can help you with your claim, assisting in gathering supporting evidence and representing you as the case progresses. When your constitutionally guaranteed rights have been trampled by the government, it is important to hire a lawyer that is knowledgeable in civil rights matters because a lawyer that is inexperienced in handling civil rights cases can be fatal to your claim.
Foutris Law Office can assist you with the following types of lawsuits:
- Coerced Confessions
- Due Process Violation
- Excessive Force
- Failure to Intervene
- False Arrest
- Malicious Prosecution
- Police Brutality
- Police Misconduct
- Police Shootings
- Taser Abuse
- Unlawful Search & Seizure
- Wrongful Conviction
- Wrongful Death
Claims to Compensation for Victims
Law enforcement officers that violate constitutional rights can be held liable for different types of damages, including:
- Medical expenses for your injuries, from emergency treatment to recovery.
- Lost wages while you recover, as well as in the future if your earning power has been reduced.
- Property damage to your vehicle or residence.
- Physical pain and suffering you experienced, such as through excessive force.
- Mental or emotional distress caused by a constitutional violation, such as through a false arrest, malicious prosecution or wrongful conviction.
- Compensation for your lost liberty for the time you spent in custody for a crime that you did not commit.
Contact Foutris Law Office, Ltd. as early as possible to begin work on your claim in order to maximize your chances of success.